Thursday, January 31, 2008

Three old comments moderated finally

Last summer, three comments were left on blog posts here, and I found myself having to think about whether or not they should be published. In general, comments fall into two buckets -- spam and legitimate/informative -- and those are easy to moderate, but ones that make you think take time. And of course, thinking turned into procrastination. Today, that procrastination ended.

I actually did approve two of the comments and reject the third. In each case, I added a comment to the blog with an explanation. The blog posts were:
The last one is an older post from 2006, which received its comment in summer 2007, proving that older posts are still read and relevant.

Why am I telling you about this? Well, I wanted you to know that I really do think about the comments that people leave. I also wanted the commenters -- who I suspect are regular readers -- to know that I had not forgotten about their comments.

No comments: