Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Jill's June schedule - Will I see you at SLA (DC) or in Florida?

With the Special Libraries Association Annual Conference in Washington, DC, just days away, the question is -- Will I see you there? I'm involved in five events (below) . There are many sessions I hope to attend, so if you don't catch me at one of my sessions, you might see me running through the halls heading towards something interesting! SLA is famous for its open houses, so maybe we'll cross paths there, too.

The sessions I'm involved in are:
  • June 14, 10 Things in One Day: Applying social tools to your library (workshop with Sophia Guevara)
  • June 15, Copyright, Social Media and the Corporate Library (panel discussion)
  • June 15, Conversant: How do librarians infuse knowledge into their organizations? (unconference session #3)
  • June 16, The Consultant's Toolkit: Discovery in the Round (panel discussion)
  • June 17, Digital Preservation: Discovery in the Round Conversation (panel discussion)
On June 24, I'm scheduled to do a digitization workshop (Digitization 101: Planning & Management of Digitization Projects) in Florida for the Panhandle Library Access Network, Inc. Registration closes on June 10. The low-registration bug has bitten and this workshop has been canceled. (Could be the economy or just the summer weather.) PLAN may reschedule later in the year.

Updated 6/9/2009, 10:44 a.m.


Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: